.NET Core on IoT: You can now fully automate Group-Hub-Device creation
New main Menu item: Get a New: (Group … Hub in Group … Device for Hub) Will generate the 3 new entities as well as connection strings as environment variables etc! All as one command!
In folder PS:
- Main Menu:
8. Get a New: (Group ... Hub in Group ... Device for Hub)
- When prompted enter Group name, Hub name and Device name as a comma separated string (on one line)
Off it goes:
Throughout press Y to confirm when prompted. Most defaults are Y. Some are N
- It will check for previous versions of the entities and if OK will start
- Will create the Group. A prompt for location.
- Then create the Hub in group. A prompt for the SKU (S1 is default).
- Then create the Device for the Hub
- Then generate the connection strings for these three.
- Then display the connection strings
- Then save them a PowerShell script in quickstarts folder
- Then save them as a Bash script in quickstarts folder.
Sorry no steak knives too! … No kitchen sink!
Github Repository for PowerShell script/s: https://github.com/djaus2/az-iothub-ps
|This Category Links|
|Next: >||.NET Core on IoT||It's now even easier. Enter names on command line.|
|< Prev:||.NET Core on IoT||Using the az-iothub-ps script|