Blazor How To: And now for a Rap Up
blazor blazor wasm aspnetcore dnetcore csharp upload zipfile httpget httppost httpdelete
Fifteen posts this month document how various functionalities such as downloads, uploads, image views, foldler browsing, using Spinnors as well as viewing Markdown content. This post is a rap up of these posts dissecting a Blazor WASM app as presented in the first post in this series…A Compendium of Blazor How To’s
|I have wondered if this is a solution seeking a problem to solve. In brief, the app presents sample .NET Core apps for browsing. Users of the client app can view individual files in a project and download individual projects as a zip file. This obviates the need, in most cases, to download the whole of an API's GitHub repository.|
|What then is the purpose of the Blazor Client app and back end Blazor server? Consider a lab situation where students only have a resource poor device such as a Raspberry Pi. The RPis have .NET Core installed and can be accessed directly or remotely to build and run a .NET Core project. The server hosts the suite of samples of interest. Lab participants can then select and download a specific sample app. They then build and run the app. They can access the projects remotely in a browser or as an installed PWA app.|
|In developing the GetListofSample app, a range of functionalities were envisaged. Some of the solutions for them were found from searches, from formal documentation and others are a "home brews". The links here are to blog posts on this site about those solutions.|
An example of a “home brew” solution: A Folding Menu
The bulk of these solutions are based upon existing posts and Nuget packages by other developeres. Where relevant, acknowledgements and links are included. In some cases these are extended. In particular, one mechansim was corrected so it did work. This set of posts is essentailly a one stop shop; a compendium of solutions. Your comments on the posts are invited. disqus is used for feedback.
- GetLisofSamples on GitHub
- A previous version of this app hosted on Azure dotnet/iot Sample Apps This is a hosted Blazor App.
How To Topics on the Blog Site: Blazor How To Posts
Blazor How To Topics
15 posts in 11 days …
- A Generic App for displaying Sample App
- A detailed discussion of the app
- How to use Spinner in Blazor using a given package. Includes a “nice” Gif animation of them.
- A Recursive Client Folder Component - 1
A Recursive Client Folder Component - 2
- A Recursive component was used to display file folders and contents in a recursive manner
- Scanning files on the Server
- Recursive scanning of a suite of samples starting in one folder on the server
- Folding Content
- Its is quite easy tio toggle teh visiblity of content in a Razor page.
- WASM Http File Get - Client Request
WASM Http File Get - Server Response
- How to post an Http Get request for a file to the server from the client, the server response and the client processing upon reception.
- A Client Control for Viewing Images
- A Blazor Client Control for downloading and display an image, stored as an image file on the server,
- A Client Control for Viewing Markdown Content
- A Blazor Client Control for downloading a Markdown file from the server and interpretting it as Html content.
- A Client Page for Viewing a Folder on the Server
- How to view a list of files and subfolders in a folder on the erver, in the client app. Uses the control in the next link.
- A Client Text View Control including Copy and Downloads functions
- A Blazor Client Control for downloading a text (project) file and for displaying it. Thecontents can then be copied to teh clipboard or to the desktop as a file.
- Zip file creation on Server and Download to Client
- How to zip up a selected sample folderand download it to the client.
- Upload a Zip file
- How to upload a zip file from client to server. Mechansism can be used by any file type.
- Http Delete Server File Management
- Deleting uploaded and on server generated zip file folders.
Other Blazor How Tos:
Next: (2Do) A Blazor Arduino IDE, or Blocky!
|This Category Links|
|Next: >||Blazor||Web App for Logging Restaurant Attendance|
|< Prev:||Blazor How To||Http Delete Server File Management|